Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Year Scavenger Hunt

I love the idea of February 29th, a day that magically appears once every four years, like a rare desert blossom. What a special day to post Scavenger Hunt photos. Thanks to Greenthumb at Made with Love for hosting the link-up!

I didn't really get going on this until last week, and suddenly everything fell into place, starting with


2



Mr. S and I just celebrated our 20th anniversary. Here we are, the 2 of us, looking very much younger at our wedding dinner in 1996.

On our anniversary, we decided to ride our bikes into town and have lunch at a beautiful little deli, so I got most of my photos there.


Somewhere you went


The deli is in 5th Street Public Market. I remember visiting here decades ago when it was a hippie-type place with little stalls for people to sell homemade things. Now it's all upscale with lots of shops, a courtyard with a fountain, and a boutique hotel next door.


From a low angle

 
This sculpture is outside the boutique hotel. I have no idea why they put a rooster on a tree stump.


Up


In the deli, looking up at the ceiling, sort of.


Cool




Green




On the shelf




Inside


Inside the pastry case. I passed on the macarons and had a chocolate chip cookie instead.


Then on the way home, we got stopped at a train crossing. Serendipity! I had seen this building many times, but never looked at it closely.


Shape




Frame



Line



On the other side of the tracks -

Writing


There was writing all over this bus, far too many sayings to read them all. That's a chicken coop on the roof at the back, and I wonder if the white box is a compost bin.


All in all, a beautiful day out, and 20 beautiful years together!


Val



 

21 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, Val! You guys look so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, happy happy anniversary you two! You look as right for each other now as you did 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! Yay! Except for the hair color you both still look the same! Sooooo sweet. And what nice photos. You're making me hungry here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! That deli looks amazing and I also loved shape and frame. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased for you, looks like you had a very happy day, and all your photos are wonderful..
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely. Happy Anniversary. What a lovely way to celebrate, I've enjoyed all your photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! Happy anniversary you two!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations to you too lovelies- Mr Sparkle is the English one isn't he!?
    You loook very sweet together!!!
    I love the cool drinks and the writing on the van!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Happy Anniversary you love birds : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! What a lovely couple you make!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary, Val. You look so happy (and I do like the bus).
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary and great pictures. Love the bus with writing on and of course the macarons.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary! Lots of interesting photos from your special day having lunch at the deli. Of course, the best this time are the ones of you and your husband looking so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your wedding pic! And great scavenging, beautiful real-life scenes. xox

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 20th Anniversary <3 ~ so lovely to know you met in Victoria :) I have been to the 5th Street Market a few times, and how it has changed over the years..a most fascinating place, and turned out to be a great opportunity to take your Scavenger Hunt photos. I love heart shapes, too. The bus was one amazing find, chickens and all - and a rooster on a stump...I'm stumped about that too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on 20 years together Val. Lovely photos of you and Mr. Sparkle, you both look so happy and Mr. has a very kind face. That bus is terrific, it should be on Amazing Spaces, a British TV prog...have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the set of photos . Happy anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary :) I love that you put your current photo at the end.
    Great set of pictures - this challenge brings so many lovely interpretations.
    Fil @ Fil’s Place - Old songs and Memories

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary Val and Mr. Sparkle! I'm late with the good wishes I know...but it's your twentieth and I hope you are celebrating for at least a week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You guys are super cute couple!! Also, I love the pictures you took.:) 5th street is the best around here!

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!