Monday, February 15, 2016

Idol Hands



Not working right now, but I am busy, busy, busy. Trash is being trashed. Crannies are being cleaned. Another garage sale is imminent. As I write this, Mr. S is sorting nails and screws and odd bits and bobs that must be disposed of.

I've gone through my craft stuff and have created several Grab Bags to sell - stamps, ribbons, beads and whatever.




I've kept back what I want to keep to work on over the next few months or to move with me because, really, some of this crap is irreplaceable.


especially the 3D glasses

Right now I don’t want to start a big project - I'm easily distracted and have many little things to do. But I don't want my hands to be the devil's playthings (or, hmm, I could rethink this). So I've been working on refining my wardrobe. I've started sewing the lace on the jacket I showed you here.




And I embroidered the reverse of the hat I showed you here (after I sobered up).




And I decided to make a pullover out of this stripy wrap (previously seen here and here and here, and at least one other place that I can't find, but that would be overkill anyway), so I basted the neckline together.



It does hang a little funny because the ends aren't square, but it might work. I think I like it.

Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying the presidential campaign here in the US? No, I didn't think so. But I did enjoy the last four movies I borrowed from the library - my latest picks were all excellent! They were:

The Imitation Game with Benedict Cumberbatch
The Grand Budapest Hotel with Ralph Fiennes et al.
La Vie en Rose with Marion Cotillard
Celeste and Jesse Forever with Rashida Jones and Andy Samberg.

I know there are a lot of fans out there of Mr. Cumberbatch, but do you know who I have the biggest crush on? Rashida Jones. She's cute, funny, talented, smart, the daughter of Quincy Jones and Peggy Lipton. I mean, how cool can one short, freckle-faced girl be? She's adorable!




Ja, I tink zo.

Val

12 comments:

  1. Hey Val! Busy busy busy! By the way, I do like the way the top hangs asymmetric like. I see stuff in stores all the time like that.

    Do you think you'll sell on Etsy after you've flown the coup too? Would be interesting to see where your creative muses take you on the other side of the globe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Joni - great to hear from you! From what I've read, you can't change your bank account details on Etsy, so I'd have to open a new shop. Right now I'm not sure if it's worth it, but I do hope to find some outlet for my "goods."

      Delete
  2. Hey Val, I'm doing the same here and I'm not even moving across the pond....it must be spring! I'm sure you will find a way to sell your crafty goods in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ways you keep your mind off the US elections (President Trump? I shall be right behind you, ex-patriating.) Love your hat and new pullover - you're so creative. xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things to think about when preparing for a move, especially one to another country. Definitely don't get rid of the "irreplaceable crap"!
    I'm trying not to pay tooo much attention to the US elections because the idea that Trump has the slightest chance of being elected President gives me the heebie jeebies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to check out The Grand Budapest Hotel . Hopefully it'll come to Netflix soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I didn't move every couple of years I would never clean out my stuff and would most likely have a serious hoarding and dust problem. I like the asymmetrical hem on the top. Very Japanese designer. That hat will come in very handy in Angleterre, but then, you Oregonians already know all about drizzle. Do you know where you're living, yet? Already I see you having a burst of creativity. Just wait until you get to the land of mixed prints, ice cream and jelly parties and true eccentrics. There won't even be enough Altoid containers. I'm so excited for you!! My girl crush is Tilda Swinton.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you are revitalising pieces from your wardrobe, you are so creative.
    Love your outfits xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hat! And I know what you mean about some junk being irreplaceable. I tend to feel all my junk is irreplaceable.
    A possible intervention may be required......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I missed this post being away and moving etc! The top looks pretty cool! The grab bags are a good idea too! When you are you getting yourself over here? Your intercontinental move makes me next town move seem rather pathetic by comparison!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crafty idolatrous hands... Of course they are grabbing these saintly objects!!! "Crap" like this don't grow on trees! I'm glad you're saving them. You sound so busy! But you're looking swell. I love that your ends are not square. Hahaha. So great to have your visits on IG too. I've been busy with work, work, work...
    I do look like Tildon in GBH. Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could grab one of those grab bags - I love crafty surprises.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!