Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Drunken Hat Attack

Aaaand, following on from my last post and the picture of my plain old white fisherman's hat,




Here it is in all its new glory -




Now, don't be distracted by the wine, which I'm grasping tightly as if my life depended on it. On Thanksgiving weekend I went to a few wineries with my mother, sister and nieces. It was very cold, but of course we had a great time!




It's funny how just taking sips at a wine tasting can leave you feeling tipsy and laughing uncontrollably.




Or maybe I had the bottle opened so I could taste it more easily.




Here are a couple more shots of the hat, something with a little decorum to link up with Hat Attack over at the Style Crone.




I just loosely sewed pieces of that beautiful fabric over the hat, using a slightly gathered piece to go around it, and then some more pieces to fashion a little flower/bow. Because I left the edges frayed and did the whole thing sort of ragged, it wasn't difficult.



Come check out the other hats and fascinators at Style Crone!

Val

Dec. 6 - Did someone say brandy and roasted almonds? I'm heading over to Patti's for Visible Monday!

11 comments:

  1. This turned out wonderful! And now the hat matches your coat.

    I have been told it helps to actually open the wine before trying to drink it...but you're such a pro you probably just suck out the cork between your teeth.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two thumbs up on the hat refashion! Popped by from Hat Attack.

    Come join my Countdown to Christmas blog hop!

    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com/2015/12/countdown-to-christmas-and-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's clever AND pretty (and rather funny re the drinking!)X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive. Such a cute drunk hat. Oh and BTW I incorrectly informed you that the Great British Baking Show was going to be on regular old American TV and it is but......it is full of regular old schlubby Americans. Bummer. We watch it for the adorable Brits, don't we? Oh well.....you'll be hat deep in Brits before you know it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I laughed out loud at the picture of you on the park bench swigging the wine. With you on that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Great hat redo, especially the raw edges - my kind of redo - but even better is it suits the hat. I laughed at Suzanne's comment. Or maybe you just suck the wine right through the cork. Is that even possible? I love the photo of you and sis, just sitting on a bench in the middle of the country sucking back your wine. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're looking VERY relaxed Val! Great job on the hat upscale - pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous hat upscale. Paired with your scarf and bottle of wine, I'm in awe. Drinking from the bottle is the only way to go. Thank you for sharing your creative headwear with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great handiwork with this restyling Val. I love an attack of the giggles like that, looks like you were having great fun x
    Anna
    Anna's Island Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the re-fashioned hat is awesome! Looks like a fun day and yes, the brandy has been opened! xox

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are quite obviously an excellent seamstress but if you would like me to stitch up a Dottie angel frock for you I would be more than happy to do it. Let me know😘

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!