Thursday, December 31, 2015

End of the Year Scavenger Hunt

You're expecting a wrap-up of 2015, aren't you? Here's the condensed version: longest temp job ever, longest summer ever, documentary produced and shown locally on PBS (you can see it here). That's nothing compared to what 2016 holds in store - selling up and moving back across the pond!

But let's not get too far ahead. It's still the holidays and all, so let's just chillax and do the year-end Scavenger Hunt. Thanks as always to Greenthumb for hosting!

Guess what our list consisted of this month -- lots of holiday-themed prompts, so you get to relive Christmas! I took some of the photos on my recent beach retreat in Newport, Oregon.

This was in a gift shop window -

JOY


If you go to Newport, DO NOT get a hotel on the bay, where the sea lions hang out. They are very, very noisy!

TOGETHER


Our (artificial) Christmas tree at home. The extra-bright lights in the middle are were the only original lights still working. They've blown out now, and it's nicer with fewer lights.

TREE


I remember this crow ornament from as far back as I remember Christmas. I don't remember it ever having a hanger; it always just sits in the branches.

ORNAMENT


Decorated light posts by the beach, and unbelievable blue sky when I arrived in Newport.

LIGHT


Christmas-surround!

CHRISTMAS


In a different shop window -

SPARKLE


I decorated these little tins and filled them with chocolates for Christmas gifts. You can see more here.

GIVING


Is it any wonder my clothes are tight?

FOOD


Staying in bed to read and drink coffee. And then tea. And have some cookies. So, yeah, tight clothes.

RED


I seem to have missed KITCHEN, but here's my WHATEVER. This sea bird looked like a rock until I walked by and it brought its head out from under its wing.


And squawked at me.




Now we've relived Christmas, time to celebrate the New Year.  
 Happy 2016 - spread peace, love and understanding!

Val

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Val, and how mardy does the bird look! Ha!
    Happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Together & Sparkle. My clothes are tight too, tomorrow I diet.
    Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed your lovely pictures of the holidays. And, your beautiful pictures of Newport, Oregon brought back great memories of my much loved home state of Washington and the wonderful Pacific Northwest! Happy New Year, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great collection, I really liked Joy!
    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh these are really good!!!! I live the squawking bird and the ornaments in the different shop. Plus that sign is hilarious!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think i can choose a favourite, these are all such great festive photos! Oh go on then, love the sign in the shop window, sparkle baubles, food and the squarking bird.Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sign.

    I hear you on the tight clothes. This time of year is the worst for trying to fit into anything.

    Happy New Year!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos, I've really enjoyed them all. Love joy and the little tins you made as presents also your crow ornament with treasured memories attached to it. I felt my trousers were a little harder to fasten this morning! Thank goodness we don't eat all those extra things for any longer than just over Christmas. Happy New year:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Val! These photos are all wonderful and made me feel happy. Esp cookies in bed . . . cookies in bed. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely festive collection! Like the sparkly tree reflections in the windows, and that sign is perfect! Interesting display around it too. Sweet tins, such a good idea. Happy New Year - sounds like it's going to be a busy one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of being as happy as a bird with a french fry! Enjoyed the photos, as usual. You have an exciting move to look forward to this year, and I hope there are many other good things as well. Happy 2016 Val!

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!