Thursday, December 24, 2015

All shall be well

Are you ready for Christmas?

Is Christmas ready for you?

We don't go overboard with shopping and activities, and I've actually got time to enjoy Christmas - I'm no longer at my temp job! Since the weather is horrible, I'm sort of hibernating and taking it easy. And when I say "taking it easy" I mean l-a-z-y. Here's my typical To-Do list:
TO DO:
 brush teeth


I got a sudden inspiration from Pinterest when I saw that an Altoid-size tin holds six Dove chocolates. Groovy, I thought, I'm gonna make some little gifts for my book group! After all, I had PLENTY of tins to work with.



So I pulled out some old Christmas cards I'd saved, and some washi tape, and voila!



Then I decided to make some for the various people who will be at our Christmas dinner. (Our extended family this year will include my sister's stepson's partner's father's girlfriend - did ya get all that?) I had a few more old cards, and more washi tape, and some ribbons and stuff, so this time I made them into hanging ornaments.










Each one holds six chocolates.




The best part is that there are chocolates left over for me!

Wishing you all happy holidays, and sharing the wise words of Julian of Norwich:

"All shall be well, and all shall be well,
And all manner of thing shall be well."

Val


10 comments:

  1. This is inspired!
    Enjoy the festivities chuck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Val, fab idea and I like how you stamped the year on the side.
    Happy Xmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! I'm always so impressed with your handiwork and the level of detail you include. If I tried this they'd be crooked and with glops of glue all over. :-) Merry, merry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOL...love that to-do list! I can see...despite your commitments am and pm...that you've found time to exercise your creative mojo! LOVE your tins!

    Happy Christmas Val!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest Christmas gift ever!!! And I love Dove chocolates...in your tins even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your decorated gift boxes from tins - and what's inside them. I've never had Dove chocolates. Your to-do list sounds rather heavy. Are you sure you can't get the cat to brush your teeth for you? Haha.
    Merry holiday, Val. Sounds like you'll have a magnificent feast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea! The tins are beautiful - you have such a talent.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look like they were so much fun to make. What a brilliant idea recycling the old Christmas cards.

    Happy Christmas!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are seriously great!! Merry Day After Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely thing to do and how gorgeous they turned out! Merry Christmas, Val!

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!