Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Rule-breaker

"Are you a rule-breaker, Val?"

I didn't really know how to answer that question. All I did was lead two of my co-workers off the public path near our office and into the vegetable garden at the university.
 

I wouldn't say I'm a rule-breaker - mostly because I'm afraid of being caught. I think I'm more of an explorer. 


And there were no signs saying we couldn't walk through the garden.




There are signs, however, asking you not to eat the produce if you didn't cultivate it, and I admit I have broken that rule. But who's going to miss the occasional raspberry, blueberry, pea or grape?




 I haven't taken any tomatoes, but they are tempting!


Rule-breaker? Moi? Maybe.


I noticed that same co-worker eyeing my toenails today. I think I'm winning her over!

How 'bout you - are you a rule-breaker?

Val

10 comments:

  1. Some rules are made to be broken! Yes, I'll break a rule if I feel it's silly, or if it's not hurting anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Sheila said. Some rules are dumb. Like "wait an hour after you eat to go swimming." xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love to break rules....especially when nobody is watching. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am nore of a rule bender. These are such pretty photos. So that was you sampling the grapes at the grocery store.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, you are so cool! That garden looks great. I must admit, I am not really a rule-breaker! Too scared of getting into trouble!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was such a well-behaved, rule-following child that I think I am making up for it now. As Sheila said, some rules are made to be broken, and then there are others, like the "Golden Rule" that I wish everyone would follow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a rule follower, most of the time. Other times, I'm like FUCK IT. depends on the day. I really do like rules. I consider myself Lawful Evil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you, it's the secret spy side of you leading your friends off the path. Haha. And of course - look at the destination! You know those berry-counters are going to be knocking on your door, don't you, although I'm sure you know what to do when you feel the heat around the corner. Your toes are excellent examples of chapter 3 in the spy manual. I'm not a rule-breaker, unless it's a stupid rule.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING tomatoes mmmmm :)and your blog is so cozy and personal

    Check out my new post- 6 sexy coffey tables :)

    have a fab weekend dear

    LOVE Maria Inredning - it's Swedish for decor

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a rule follower. I'm especially keen on traffic rules (except for that pesky speed limit on the freeway). (Oh yeah, and the produce ban at the CA border. Shhhhh. Those raspberries and tomatoes are very contraband-worthy).

    Some rules I like to see how much I can stretch. Especially silly rules from Management. Like that time at Mattel we were told we had to wear stockings/ NO bare legs. My solution? Obnoxiously bright tights that clashed with my "business appropriate suits" and ugly flat shoes. Ha! Take that!

    Creatively, I like to give myself restrictions. I work within parameters well. I guess that's why I keep doing the 52 Pick-me-up Party.

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!