Sunday, April 5, 2015

Primavera

Hello, all, and Happy Easter!

Yes, I'm still here, but have not been inclined to spend a lot of time on social media lately. Guess I'm kind of capricious that way.

I thought I would just stop in long enough to share a photo of my rare tulips.




They're rare because this is the only plant that grew, although I planted a dozen bulbs when we moved into this house four years ago! The "soil" is mostly clay, and I didn't think to add compost when I stuck the bulbs in the cold, hard earth. Gardening just ain't my thing. But I do love tulips, and to get two (and another bud) is quite an accomplishment here on my little patch!

Gluing crap together is my thing, and here's a finished piece of baroque confection that I originally posted on my Facebook page, and linked to 52 Pick-me-up a few weeks ago.




It obviously wasn't enough to just do the collage - I had to glam up the frame, too.


Ray Strauss vintage scarf from The Citizen Rosebud on Etsy


Happy Spring!

Val

7 comments:

  1. The tulips are impressive as well as pretty. Loving the frame too. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I haven't ever planted one bulb in my entire life so you're well ahead of me. It does look pretty and the colors are unusual from what I've seen.
    It's so great that you're keeping up with your creative muses. I've been spending too many of my days off organizing and cleaning, etc...I think things misplace themselves when I'm not home.
    Happy Spring Val!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disinclined to spend time on social media....bravo Val! It gives you more time to create! I love seeing your treasures...the collage is lovely and moody and emotive! I love the still love you've arranged as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just glad you're still here, and still gluing crap together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tulips, and you made something grow. That's an achievement. I'm the angel of death for all plants; I even managed to kill a cactus, and another plant I had finally died after a long bout of existential anxiety and an obvious identity crisis...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Confronted with clay soil I would never in a million years think to add compost - or bulbs. Congratulations on these 2.5 deviant tulips. Well done!
    A baroque confection sounds edible and highly caloric, although perhaps a touch stale. Your artwork is gorgeous. I'm so glad you have time for gluing! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Tulips are beautiful. And considering the fate of their siblings they're a miracle as well :-)

    I think you're are pretty clever with glue and crap!

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!