Saturday, January 24, 2015

Good Morning

Our weather forecasters never get anything right. Which is good, since they're usually predicting rain, fog and dreariness at this time of year. But today was surprisingly warm and clear, in spite of what we'd been told. I woke up early and decided to go greet the dawn. I walked down the road to some large ponds, and fortunately I remembered to bring my camera.

some neighbors still have Christmas lights up















these are blue herons roosting






And then I headed home.


my favorite tree in the neighborhood



that's my house with the two lights on


Here on the pulse of this new day
You may have the grace to look up and out
And into your sister's eyes, into
Your brother's face, your country
And say simply
Very simply
With hope
Good morning.


 Maya Angelou, Inaugural Poem, 1993

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, amazing winter colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dawn! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos and poem. I remember that inauguration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely photos Val, especially the ones with the pink and blue sky. Thanks for sharing your dawn walk with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely photos Val, especially the ones with the pink and blue sky. Thanks for sharing your dawn walk with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool that you have the great blue herons roosting in your neighbourhood! We still have our outdoor 'winter' lights on, LOL. Okay, okay...Christmas lights....but I love how they cheer up the dark nights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Val! Looks like a great street you live on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What stunning photos you took!

    That teeter totter sign made me smile. We don't have those anymore in Canada.

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your neighbourhood looks so lovely. I really enjoy the pictures you share of it and find it looks like home. I love mornings and sunrises and especially waking to find the weather forecasters mistaken. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty neighbourhood! I was out for a walk today as well, and wished I'd brought my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At around the time you got up and took these photos, I was just getting to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. I'm all for leaving Christmas lights up all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like Maya Angelou, that's a beautiful poem - you live in a gorgeous neighbourhood btw, and I much prefer your sunrise to our grim grey offerings - our weather reports have given us a warning about potential snow, maybe upto 5 whole cm!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photos and great Maya poem.
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!