Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Dust in the Fridge, Sparkles on the Bag

I went on a big ol' cleaning spree yesterday - kitchen, bathroom, cabinets, floors, roof, chimney, subconscious. Today my back is very sore. That should teach me to just hire a maid and then sit back and drink gimlets.

I cleaned out the fridge - not fanatically, but I did wipe all the shelves in the fridge and the freezer. I even wiped the lower shelves on the door, which don't see much use, and therefore, they had collected dust. Dust! INSIDE the fridge!? How does that happen? I was so disgusted I threw in the towel. But it landed in the butter, and then I had to wash the towel - and all the other laundry - so my work was far from finished.

Today I'm doing nothing physical. I'm spending a day on the computer researching how to put watermarks on my photos (done), how to set up a web page in WordPress (for a project Mr. S and I will be working on soon), and how to put one of Mr. S's books in CreateSpace for print-on-demand. I think his children's book might sell a bit more in hard copy.




And I'm also taking snaps of my sparkly purse to link up with SpyGirl's 52 Pick-me-up - Bejeweled.




This gorgeous bag of bling was a gift from my lovely stepdaughter a few years ago, and I don't use it often enough. I worry that the sequins and beads will start to fall off, but so what? I should use it and enjoy it, and resew when necessary.

The bag has two faces.




It's my Janus bag, which is perfect for the end of the year, looking to the future and to the past.




Happy Sparkly Days to you all!

Val

PS added on Dec. 29 - I'm linking up with the lovely goddess Patti at Visible Monday!

16 comments:

  1. Use the sparkly bag! I worry about messing up stuff, too. I just bought two sequin things that I know I'm going to completely ruin in no time probably lolzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahaha dust in the fridge? Thank goodness I've never stooped low enough to even have a peek at mine. Those crunchy bits in my chilled food may have nests there.
    There's a hum of activity in this post - cleaning and projects. The projects part sounds good. I love your sparkly bag and am glad you're using it. Happy Sparkly Days to you too Ms. Sparkly Muse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dust in the fridge is nothing! Mouldy fruit more likely!!
    Sparkly bag is amaaaazing!!! Use more!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dust in the fridge would never happen at my house. We eat way to much to ever give dust a chance to settle. dust on my brain however.... Yes please. Wear the sparkles. Let your sparkle flag fly! Much merriment to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much. Not to much. Oh my fat fat dust free fingers.

      Delete
  5. Virtuous Val ... good for you. My fridge would stop running if it got so much attention!
    You look dapper in your blazer ... and your very pretty shoppers. Good idea ... such a sparkly bag should get out and about as often as possible. You might take it out more if it looses just one little sparkly bit!
    Merry Christmas, busy lady. Hope you have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun bag! I can't even bear to contemplate cleaning our fridge, so you're one up on me. I do love your new haircut, suits you fabulously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one gorgeous bag!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try not to look to close in the fridge, I only get spurred into action when things stick to the shelves with mysterious goo/ooze/mould - anyhoo! well done on the cleaning burst (not your poor back though, ow) I LOVE your hair and your fab outfit and gorgeous bag, sparkles aplenty! and Big Happy Sparkly Days to you too! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. first, I hate particularly to clean the fridge and never do it if not necessary!
    and second, love your sparkly bag, and glad you've decided to wear it more frequently!, enjoy it, please!!
    besos & feliz navidad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feliz Navidad, espero que el próximo año venga cargado de proyectos mágicos, y mucha ilusión. Un abrazo y muchos besos des de elracodeldetall.blogspot.com, Os espero .( • ~ • )


    * ♕ * * * * * * *
    …../..\……./\…*.... .... …__██__…..*……
    …./….\…../..\……*....*...….( • • )…..*…….*
    …/_…_\…/….\……*.…..─(░•░)─….*…**
    ./.…......\../_…_\…*....*......(░ • ░)……*...*
    ../______\######....*......*...............*.....*.....
    ===============================
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Great bag! And my fridge hasn't been cleaned in so long, our kool-aid has turned to wine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous bag to add a bit of sparkle to your outfit, you should definitely use it more - although I find changing bags very stressful myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ack, I feel like a lazy slug - I rarely look hard inside my fridge. Love your sparkles! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday and have a happy new year, xox.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Val!

    I love your hair so much, best look ever and you know what you could go longer, i kid you not!
    I solve my cleaning problems, i have a cleaning lady and it's the best ever -
    Love the sparkles bag!

    Happy New Year

    Arianex
    o

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!