Sunday, December 14, 2014

Come into my smoky little den

Before you get the wrong idea, let me put your mind at ease. I'm talking about an opium den.

Oh, that doesn't put your mind at ease? It might if you pick up the pipe on the table and take a puff...

not a very good photo - too smoky in here

This is a little special order opium den I sent off last week - a little opium den with reading material.

I made the books and the blue jar. The scrolls are made from thin paper that was in a box of Japanese candy.

These are the things on the shelves - books and scrolls, with some real characters and some fake. And I can see now that I probably put the label on the jar upside-down, like I did last time.

Here's the exterior -

chasing the dragon, or is the dragon chasing you?

I've relaunched my Facebook page that used to be called Sparkle Park Designs - now it's Muse Fondue. You can find me and Like me here, if you're so inclined.

And I'm on Pinterest now, too (here) because I needed still more things to do online. I warn you, my Pinterest boards are heavy on altered Altoid tins.

Anyone know how to put the FB and Pinterest buttons on my blog?

Val

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Absolutely stunning! And cunning! And brilliant! Can I ever use adequate adjectives to describe anything you do? Gods above, woman! You are genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brilliant Val! Your creativity knows no legal bounds! The candle wax dripping down the candlestick! I love the attention to detail. I have the pinterest and facebook links on my page, but I have to try and remember how I did them. I know the first thing you do, is to download some free social media images to your computer, then add them to your blog in a not for publishing post. Then I can give you the html to add them...or maybe someone else knows of an easier way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course it's upside-down, you've been in the OPIUM DEN after all, and what a wonderful place to be. You are so talented, the detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! That is just incredible!!!! Well done to you!! Such attention to detail!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I can almost see Sherlock Holmes sitting in a corner, staking out a bad guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go to your Dashboard on Blogger > Layout > Add a Gadget, then go to the "More Gadgets" menu (upper left corner) and the FB/Twitter additions are there.

    Love your wee opium den! It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you become an expert on opium dens??? It's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Val - How do you think up those marvels?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I can stalk you even more now! Still looking for the FB widget? Here ya go! https://www.facebook.com/badges/

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!