Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I've been banished!

Oh, the humiliation, the irritation, the pain-in-the-ass-ness of it all!

My craft cave has been banished to the garage.


I'm still in flux and have only moved the really toxic-smelling stuff so far. Yes, Mr. S had enough with smelling rubber cement, nail polish and Mod Podge, and he asked me to take my atmospheric poisons and move to the garage. I have to agree with him, but damn! This is a little inconvenient. I need a lot more space, and a window, and heat. I'm trying to avoid moving everything so I'm not completely banished - but damn!

I hadn't been doing any crafts for a while, but I got a couple of special orders for Christmas (thank you, Janet and Jane!), so I've been stinking up the place again.

Then I realized I had a few other tins that should be put into the Muse Marketplace, so I've added them now. They're not dioramas, but just decorated tins that you can put other things in.

  • Buddha Box, which was featured on Resin Crafts a couple of years ago. 




  • A cute little tin with polka dots and sparkles on the inside.




  • And a medievalesque box of jewels with a tiny mirror.




These are all listed in the Muse Marketplace, down at the bottom of the page. (I tried to add jumps to make it easier to navigate, but it didn't work.) Order now for Christmas!

Oh, and here's me recently. This is my new profile photo for LinkedIn and all the other sites I've been joining to try to get work.


To those of you in the US, have a Happy Thanksgiving! And to the rest of you, have a happy Thursday!

Val

7 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Val!!!! I really do love your craft items! I have hovered in your marketplace for several times now, so tempted...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you'll need heat - but at least it's a space of your own. And what you create there is fabulous. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val!

    How are you doing...i can find my question mark,silly!
    Anyway i'm happy that things are turning out ok with you
    I'm still looking for work but i bit harder than i thought, but ok, i have a very supportive hubby who says all the time to enjoy myself.
    My craft room is in the basement i don't like it either, no windows, i hate that, so i moved my stuff in the office.
    I love the buddha box!
    Well I'm back, somehow i got my mojo back!

    See you soon

    Love the hair!

    Love

    Arianexo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Val. I was scrolling down thinking oh what beautiful little boxes and then I got to the photo of you. You look stunning! I love your hair and that colour is amazing on you. That's a bit of a challenge with the smells and the garage. I know I cannot work well creatively in an environment I don't like or basically I become less likely to do any creating. I hope you can find a good way to make it work.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you. Seriously. Your ability to imagine up all those gorgeous boxes and then replicate your imagination? Sheer genius! And I know firsthand because I've been the recipient of two of your creations and I cherish them both! Happy Thanksgiving, m'dear! Perhaps invest in a space heater? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooove your tins. I wish I had a garage to work in. Between me doing crafts and my husband's gunsmithing, we're often having a battle of "who can break out the most noxious chemical". Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a pain to move your crafting workshop to the garage, even if it is the sensible thing to do. I love your tins, they are so beautiful and fabulous detail. Your Linkedin photo looks good, hope the work comes flooding in... x

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!