Saturday, October 11, 2014

Creeping up the stairs, carrying my shoes

I'm sorry, I haven't been around much. You see, I've been working late. Yes, every night - you can call my (home) office if you want to. No, that's not lipstick on my collar.




I'm trying to build up my editing business, and that seems to include a whole lotta blog-reading - other kinds of blogs, for publishers, self publishers, editors, marketing, blah blah. And I, um, I've been, um, cruising around on forums and Google groups. Afterwards I'm just spent and don't feel like computering any more, so I haven't been visiting your blogs.




And - boy this is really hard - I may have started up another blog.

I'm sorry, I wasn't planning it! I was drunk, and it just happened. Please forgive me. In fact, if it's not too weird, maybe we can all do something together. Is that too kinky?


from my VOGOFF shoot

Here's the thing - building the business is going slow, so if you or anyone you know is self-publishing, or works for a book publisher, and in need of a copy editor, please think of me! My new blog is here where there's more info about my other life. If you're not into this kind of thing, that's okay - no one's pressuring you.

Let me make it up to you - let's go out and have a good time.



Dexter Lake Club, Sunday Jam with their house band and a roster of drop-in musicians. Let me tell you, the house band and the musicians who come to play here are smokin' hot!


The owner (not in this photo) plays guitar like a rock god, and the other regular guitarist (to the left in this pic) is just as awesome - I may have moaned a little when they started out. The Dexter Lake Club was used in the movie Animal House - the zebra wallpaper is still there!


Well, that was fun! But listen, I need a little space right now. We'll still be friends, but I just need to find out who I am (and earn some money). Then I'll be back - we'll always be together.

Val


11 comments:

  1. I missed you!!!!! Tut, tut, blog infidelity- new one- tut tut!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, you're such a presence in my life - via my personal TARDIS that sits on my podium and reminds me that life is good outside my classroom, and that's all you, my friend! - that I'm willing to cut you some slack.

    Go find yourself. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder. I know I'll be here when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, being here when you return. Best to you in your new business, I hope opportunities pursue you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending out good vibes for new opportunities to head your way.

    Will be here when you come back : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Val, your posts make me smile! I understand the need for computer-free time, as I am on one all day at work. Taking time and space to learn more about what you can and want to do is good and I wish you much success. The Dexter Lake Club looks like the perfect spot for a get-together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you hugs, Val! You do have to look after yourself first and I am sorry it is such hard work but hopefully you are enjoying it too. By the time I finish anything resembling a novel and feel ready to self publish you will be in such demand I won't be able to afford you, but I promise you are on the top of my list or rather you are the list. Right now I'm just a hack though. I will be easy to find when you come back. I'm the one in witchy layers stirring a cauldron with a paintbrush. I'll have cake and coffee ready for when you return!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that bar from"Animal House"! Can we go there for a drink when I show up on your doorstep? Good luck in your new venture and remember "Knowledge Is Good."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy, busy Val! Good luck with your new work venture, hope it goes well. But don't forget about us, will you? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll still be here when you come back from your dalliance, flush with success! I cut my own hair recently. I had the guts to because of you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw you! you're gonna do awesomely and make tons of cash... and then buy me pony... and a castle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Val- I totally understand- and wonder if you getting on LinkedIn might help you source work as a copy editor/proofreader. I wish I could hire you!!! I'll keep my eyes and ears out (ouch!) for anybody looking for a good one, and send them your way. xo.

    ReplyDelete

Enough about me - let's talk about you!